Category: Kona Coffee Farm

Best Kona Coffee

Above photo fotolia/© somrakjendee

Kona Coffee--A Top Coffee in the World!

Who knew that a Volcano blow in 1801 would provide some of the most fertile conditions for the best coffee in the world?  Grown on the misty slopes of the Hualalai volcano, the conditions are ideal for the cherry plants to produce the coffee bean. This Arabica coffee is known as the elite coffee of the world!

What Makes Kona Coffee Special?

Picking Coffee Berries Ideal Growing Conditions:  There is a very particular 25 mile stretch between 800 and 2500 feet along the Kona Coast that offers absolutely pristine conditions for coffee growing. The Taste of Arabic coffee from Kona:
  • Aroma - Warm and sweet coffee fragrance
  • Flavor - Nutty, Caramel, Buttery, Chocolate or fruit tasting
  • Sweetness - Rich, yet with mellow tones
  • Acidity - Mild Acidity
  • Body - Seductively smooth
And that's why Kona coffee is served in some of the most elite restaurants in the world.  When you go to the Big Island, you can tour many of these coffee farms, drink a variety of samples and buy some fresh from the roaster.  Delicious! Kona coffee cup

Kona Coffee Farm Tours

One special treat you get when you travel to the Big Island is that you can tour many of the Kona Coffee Farms and even try some of their rich, delicious coffees for free! Growing Seasons:
  • Feb-March:  Planting and Pollinating
  • April-Aug:  Growing the fruit
  • Sept-Jan:  Harvest time!
You can tour the Kona Coffee farms year round.  It is a fun side-trip to see just how Kona Coffee is made.

How to Buy Kona Coffee

When you go to your local Wal-mart or Hilo Hatties, you will find numerous bags of coffee for $10-20.  If you look at the text it will say "Made with 100% Kona Coffee."  But be savvy.  If it only has 10% Kona Coffee and the other 90% is filler coffee, they can legally say made with 100% Kona Coffee.  If you want quality coffee you need the bag that says 100% Pure Kona Coffee.  And it typically will be more than $15/pound.

What are the Best Coffee Companies?

Coffee farms are every few miles along the Kona Belt Road.  Finding the best depends on your taste.  Here are a few online options to purchase coffee direct from Kona: . Koa Coffee: Forbes Named the Best in America! Aloha Island Coffee Hawaii Coffee Company: 100% Kona Coffee & Gourmet Coffee from Hawaii .
Gifts of Aloha from Koa Coffee
Royal Kona Coffee

LIKE us on Facebook!


Pin It on Pinterest